Our skin needs nourishment to stay healthy and smooth. But most of us forget that our scalp is also a part of our skin. Remember one thing, our scalp need more nourishment than our skin. Due to some lack of proper care and oil massages the scalp become dry become white flaky. This also makes irritation to skin for some people. There are 2 types of dandruff. When you shake your hair and if you see some dry white flakes spread over your shoulder, then it is dry dandruff and when your move your fingers through your hair strands some muck stuck in your nail, it is oily dandruff. This means that your scalp is starving for moisture. People who do not wash their hair regularly can also have dandruff because when the hair gets dirty it gets greasy. Some of the causative factors include heredity, stress, obesity and the other skin related problems like acne. Treatment for dandruff involves regular shampooing your hair with some medicated product. We can also treat dandruff using some amazing home made products or with ingredients which we are commonly used in kitchen.
Natural home remedy for dandruff
Fenugreek is one of the natural spices from kitchen. This has been popular since years ago. Fenugreek helps your hair to get shine and soft. Fenugreek acts as a conditioner which strengthens the hair follicle. This is the best homemade remedy for your dry scalp.
- Soak the fenugreek seed over night.
- Drain out the water.
- Blend these soaked fenugreek to make the fine paste.
- Section your hair strands and apply the fenugreek paste into your scalp.
- Rinse it after 30minutes.
2. Lemon and Aloe Vera
We can treat the dandruff effectively by using the lemon and aloe vera. These two ingredients work wonderful in hair care and skin care. Here the acidity of lemon helps you to balance the pH of your hair. Dandruff may causes itching to scalp. Aloe vera act as an itch fighter and it cools your scalp.
- Take 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and Aloe vera extracts gel in a bowl.
- Apply it into your scalp and hair and wait for 20 minutes.
- Take 1 teaspoon of lemon and mix it in a cup of water, rinse your hair with this water.
3. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a common and very effective ingredient used for the dry hair treatment. This makes your hair and skin soft, shiny, lock the moisture and it smells good too. Simply apply some coconut oil into your scalp and all over hair. Then massage for some time and leave it for an hour. Then use some mild or herbal shampoo and wash it off.
4. Henna and egg mask
Henna and eggs work great in hair. Henna and egg help to maintain the overall health of the hair and it also do deep conditioning, balances the pH level and repair the damaged hair.
- Take a bowl and whip out the egg white in it.
- In to this bowl add 2 tablespoons of olive, henna powder and some water to it.
- Mix it well and make it fine paste.
- Apply this mask from the scalp to the end of the hair. Wait for about 45 minutes and rinse this off using an herbal shampoo and cold water.
5. Onion mask
Onion is rich in its antimicrobial property. When it comes with fighting off with dandruff it’s an amazing ingredient. It helps to flush out the toxins and improves the blood circulation in your scalp.
- First, blend a large onion and make it a fine paste.
- Apply the paste all over your hair from the hair root to tip
- Wait for an hour and rinse it off with a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Apply this mask once in a week for good result.
6. Garlic and honey mask
Garlic has strong antimicrobial properties which help in improving the scalp health. Garlic is rich with salicylic acid which works very well for treating dandruff.
- Crush the garlic and leave it for few minutes.
- Add some honey to it mix both ingredients well.
- Apply this mix on your hair leave for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with a sulfate-free shampoo.
You May Also Like: